Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Olympic Village/Filet mignon

It seems that I've been hanging out with Alisa, Donna, Kelly, and Zach over the last several days seeing stuff around the city. Xu came back from visiting his relatives and joined our gang that headed out to the Olympic Village. One of the guys from Zach's lab also joined us. We were walking around National Stadium taking pictures when we saw these guys carrying stools and small bags walking in formation. We quickly learned that these guys were actually PLA soldiers...and there were several thousand of them walking around. They were all giving Kelly strange looks! We also got to get pretty close to the Water Cube as well.

Zach, Donna, and I went to Alameda for dinner. It's a restaurant over in the Sanlitum bar street area that serves "contemporary cuisine" (whatever that means). I had scallops with green beans for a starter and a filet mignon for my entree. The food was absolutely amazing! The sauces that accompanied each were delicious, the scallops were great, and the filet was tender (only 158 RMB for both). We also had dessert (another 38 RMB); I had an orange tiramisu that was nicely prepared, although it was a bit small for the price. Needless to say, we were quite happy after we finished our meal. I think that was one of the best meals I've had anywhere in the world.

No comments: